Sunday 24 June 2018

View on the river Lek at Nieuwpoort


The Amateur Art club "Goed Gezien - Goed Bekeken" organised a day in the old fortified town of Nieuwpoort, not far from where I live. As I have written before, I am a member of that club and I was happy to join this activity.
The day included a walk in the little town with lots of information about its history and tips about nice spots for painting, drawing or photography  - and coffee of course.

After the walk we all gathered our stuff and tried to choose 'our spot' for the day. 
I decided to make some sketches and drawings as there was some wind sunshine, so I thought my watercolour paint would dry a bit too soon.

The first thing that caught my attention was the view over the river Lek from the parking place. I decided to make a charcoal drawing on that spot.


This drawing is showing the river and the weather circumstances of the early afternoon, we had some nice clouds then. Later in the afternoon the weather was clearing a little.

This charcoal drawing is used as a 'sketch' for the watercolour painting I made at home in my little studio. 

I am happy with both the painting and the drawing and because I have used one to make the other I have decided to write only one blog post about them.

More information about the watercolour painting and the charcoal drawing can be found at my website www.jannekesatelier.webs.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment