Sunday 14 February 2021

Books!

 



This week the theme of Artists&Illustrators Magazine's weekly Lockdown challenge is 'Favourite things' and of course I had to think about that. It should not be the walks in nature I enjoy so much, but things, so I had to draw or paint another still life.

There are many favourites in my home, but I like books the best. Real books, I do not use e-readers and my magazines arrive in my home when the postman brings them.

For this painting I have imagined a library room (I wish I had one) and on the table I have placed some art books about some of my favourite painters and some instructive books with favourite themes. I also added some watercolour brushes for the composition.

Painting this one took a long time, as I wanted variation in the books on the shelves and some more detail in the books on the table. It was fun to do and I am happy with the result.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment