Thursday 4 February 2021

Stormy sky

 





A new month brings new challenges and one of the Facebook groups I am in had 'Stormy Sky' as its theme for the February challenge.

For this challenge I have to paint in watercolours only and I have chosen to paint an imaginary landscape, based on our own nature. Some fields, a path and some distant trees.

The stormy sky has dark clouds of course and for this occasion I have added lightning. I have studied some reference pictures for the shapes of lightning bolts and I have made an imaginary path for the one in my painting. For the stormy mood I have included some windswept leaves.

This time I have used rough paper and the fact that this paper holds the water longer was used to create the landscape with just a few details (but the suggestion of more) because it usually is very dark under clouds like these. Adding more and more darkness and depth to the clouds was also easier on this paper.

The information about all the materials I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment