Friday 12 February 2021

Masquerade

 



The February challenge of 'Goed Gezien-Goed Bekeken' is 'Maskerade' or masquerade in English. The theme is inspired by the Carnival that always happens in February.

Of course I did not want to paint masks and I chose another kind of masquerade. I found my inspiration in the way we can hide our faces behind makeup like lipstick, mascara, eyeshadow, powder etc. 

I had hoped to make a collage from advertisements in folders and magazines, but these past week there were no ads for makeup. So I have gathered some of the things I own and made a still life with eyeshadow, mascara and lipstick. I have changed most of the  colours because it is hard to get the right shades of pink, the skin tones that are in the modern eyeshadow palette (for the 'nude' look) and the soft shimmer of my lipstick when painting with watercolour. 

The theme is added with a watercolour marker (in Dutch) and the background has got a very light shade of blue. 

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment