Tuesday 2 February 2021

First snow

 



The weekly 'Lockdown challenge' continues and this week's theme is 'snow', inspired by the snow that had fallen in the United Kingdom last week.

We did not have any snow last week, but two weeks earlier there was a little bit of snow, only during the night and my husband quickly made some pictures of our cars covered with snow. The next morning it was already gone.

Other parts of The Netherlands did get more snow over the last weeks, but we live surrounded by large amounts of water and close to the North Sea, so the temperature does not drop so easily to freezing temperatures for the whole day. 

Because of this, I could not paint a nice snow-covered landscape from a recent picture and I decided to challenge myself by painting my car, covered with some snow.  

The children that live in our street had already been gathering snow from the hood for throwing snowballs but the window and the roof were yet untouched. It was a night picture, so there was not much to be seen of the parking place and the plants and fence behind my little car. As the snow and my car are my subjects, I have added an imaginary background, suggesting a fence.

My car is really new, I got it last December and I have added the characters and numbers of the plate to make clear that I have tried to paint my own little car. This is the first time that I have painted a car and I am not unhappy with the results, given the not-so-perfect reference picture (colours, shadows and perspective were not ideal).

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this watercolour painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment