Tuesday 23 February 2021

These are mine now!

 



For the 'Animals' challenge I wanted to paint one of the cats in our family as well and I found inspiration in a picture I made very recently, at my daughter's birthday.

We had placed her presents on the table and one of her cats made himself comfortable on the one on top. He thinks everything in my daughter's house is to sit on (or in) including the visitors.

He had that 'This is mine now' - look on his face so that had to be the title of my watercolour painting. 

For this small scene I used a small size paper and I have changed the background to something less crowded (with books, furniture and my daughter) and the gift wrap is also less colourful in my painting. 

It is hard to get the colour of this cat's fur right, he is a tabby cat with a hint of grey in his hairs that is hard to get. Especially when the surrounding light is dim the hint of grey that is visible in broad daylight becomes mud-coloured. And then there is the influence of the camera that was used. This means that the results of my mixes are either too grey or not grey enough. This time I have started my mixture with some warm earth colours and greyed them a little bit with the light blue that I have used for the background.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and the availability of this painting can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment