Tuesday 9 February 2021

Hand and paw

 


For this week's 'Hands' challenge I asked my daughter for pictures of her hand and a forepaw of one of her cats. Or both, but one of the 'brothers' is not so very cuddly.

She made pictures of her hand holding a forepaw while the cat was sleeping on her lap and I think he did not even notice it.

From those pictures I have tried to draw two versions with my Conté Pencils, only one of them was acceptable. She was holding her hand in a curved position and that was hard to draw. It might have been easier with black pencils, that is a lesson for next time.

This drawing, with the cat's hand curved in my daughter's hand was the best and I think it's also better than the drawing in my previous post. Of course I have submitted this one as my first entry for the challenge.

This drawing and the one in my previous post are my very first attempts at drawing hands so I am really happy that I could make recognizable drawings of such a difficult subject.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of my work can all be found in my Tumblr blog

No comments:

Post a Comment