Monday 15 February 2021

Time for coffee

 



In the weekly Lockdown Challenge there is room to submit three artworks and I usually have two works for my entry, a new one and an older one. The last challenge about hands was totally new for me, so I made two new drawings. 

This weeks 'Favourite things' is also a new subject for me, because the description made it clear, that I had to draw or paint things, a still life. Usually I have a relatively new landscape at hand but that is not what I have to submit now.

After my books I had to think of other favourite things and my coffee machine is a good one. I put it on the table - to have more room to make my drawing - and I started to draw, using only graphite pencils. I have added a touch of red, for the on-off button.

Of course this is not an easy subject, with all those round or oval shapes, black plastic reflecting almost everything and not showing the shadows correctly. To draw a perfect coffee machine, I will have to practise much more but this will have to do for now.

The information about the materials I have used, the size and availability of this pencil drawing can all be found in my Tumblr blog


No comments:

Post a Comment